Monday, September 27, 2010

Surprise, Delivery, 2 weeks old....

Title says it all, so here is the shortened version (still long due to some much has happened in 2 weeks):

~Surprise and Delivery:
On Sept. 8th while walking the dogs I tripped over the curb and hurt my ankle. So on Thursday the 9th we went for x rays ( not broken) but then had to go to Baylor to get evaluated since it was a pregnancy fall. It was there during a sonogram they discovered how low my amniotic fluid was. I got the most unexpected news for the doctor.....You are going to need to deliver her today due to the low fluid. My response:  WHAT?!?!?!  So after being a bawling mess I finally calmed down and came to realize that I was going to have this baby today or tomorrow, a whole month early. We called our families and friends and let them know. Of course I called work frantic to leave my students a whole month early and not as prepared as I planned on leaving them.  My doctor broke my water and then started the drip to speed up labor. That was at 6pm. Our room was filled with friends and family waiting for her arrival. Contractions started picking up and the nurse was having trouble getting them to register on the monitor. After 2 hours ( Im very irritated at this point since it took so long) the doctor on call came and we did an internal monitor.  Still it did not work at reading how strong my contractions were getting. But finally I got my epidural and was in heaven haha!! 45 mins later was being told we were going to be having a emergency C section because Petyon's heart rate was dropping after every contraction. Boy did they move fast! I was very scared at this point. It did not take long until I heard that beautiful cry! On September 10, 2010 at 12:59 am our baby girl was here, with a full head of black hair I might add!!! She weighed 5 pounds 14 ounces and was 17 3/4 inches long. She was so beautiful!!  After what seemed like forever and with horrible shakes we were back in our room surrounded with our family and friends welcoming Peyton Rilynn. After moving to the next room we found out that Peyton had to go to the NICU due to low blood sugar and needed a little help with feeding. She had a feeding tube and IV's hooked up. Scott was with her as much as possible while I healed up enough to go see her. It was tough leaving her there and going and sitting in a room with no baby. We were so blessed to have our family and friends there to support us and give prayers to Miss Peyton. She was in the NICU for 4 days and on our last night she was able to room in with us. It was such good news that she would be able to do that which meant we could leave the next day to go home! We left the hospital and came home with her on Tuesday Sept. 14th.


~Finally home:
The first few days at home were an adjustment. Since we did not have her with us from birth in the hospital it took time getting used to the first couple sleepless nights. I could have stayed awake all night the first night at home just watching her sleep, making sure she was breathing, warm, and ok. We had lots of visitors that came over to see her, help us clean and finish the last minute things we needed to do to the house and nursery that of course would have been done if she had not come a whole month early. They brought us dinner, gifts, and did everything and anything that we needed. We are so thankful to have such great family/friends in our lives to help us out and be there for us.

The dogs, Leonard & Bella did very good with Miss Peyton. They sniffed and licked her feet and were curious to see who this tiny human was. When she cries they go to her bassinet or pack n play to see whats that matter. They are very good with her and listen to us, well most of the time. I think Bella is a little jealous but she is getting better LOL.

We have had 2 doctor visits and as of 9-23-10 she weighs 6.4 and measures 19 inches. Her pediatrician
(who was also mine growing up, which I think is so cool) said she looks perfect and is doing great for a baby born a month early. She is sleeping well at night but has found her window of time to be fussy, right before we go to bed. But for the most part she does not fuss a lot unless she is hungry or needs to be changed. Such a great baby!!

I can not believe that it has been 2 weeks already. Time sure is flying by fast, faster than any other time in my life that I can remember. I have a total of 8 weeks off and look forward to enjoying every minute of them. I'm sure there are things I have left our during those 2 weeks but for now this post is long enough!




1 comment:

  1. Ya;ll make such a besutiful family. All the pics are great. however. I do have a favorite. The opening frame, where Stephanie is holding her and Scott is next to Stef. She looks like she absolutely belongs right there with the two of you. Don't think you be able to trade her in--her face says that she's thoroughly contented to stay right there with you folks, amd even thinks all the older birds, like Wezzer and Poppe might be fun to keep around too.
    Oh, I can't hardly wait to get my hands on her--they actually get itchy just thinking about holding her.

    Uncle Ronnir, Uncle David and Granny also send their love and happiness to you all.

    Take care. Remember we love you all and are looking forward to seeing ya'll again at Christmas.

    Love ya,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete